Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers.
I just ordered his books. His blog is amazing. Check it out!
The right font is an important ingredient for successful cover design. It can also be one of the more challenging elements to perfect.
What to look for
- The cover text should fit the genre or subject matter.
- It should look like the font belongs on the cover.
- The font should inspire interest in the book.
- It shouldn’t be a distraction.
- The text should be easy to read. Any uncommon words should be immediately clear.
- Key words should stand out in the thumbnail.
- Pixelation, stray marks, blurriness, and other issues will detract from the cover.
- Too many different fonts on the cover is a problem. Two different fonts must work well together.
We’ll look at a movie and t.v. show. Although these aren’t books, the font is equally important—more so, if you count the money invested.
Check out the font for Disney’s Frozen: movies.disney.com/frozen. It fits the content…
View original post 602 more words